Friday 11 December 2015

Family Friday: I'm A Mum!

   Our little boy was born on the last day of September, welcomed with joy! Writing his birth story has been on my to-do list ever since but so far hasn't materialized.

Peregrine Benedict

   At this point, I will just say how honoured I feel to have been given this little person to take care of and share our lives and our home with. His complete dependence on me, my body and my love, is both exhausting and moving. His smiles and laughter are endlessly rewarding. Seeing him with his Daddy is a delight. I love his cuddles, his baby smell, his milk breath, his excited kicks, and even his cries. There is something exquisite about a baby's tongue when he cries, a rippling little muscle that is strong and also delicate. (This isn't to say that I just stand there adoring his tongue while he bawls, I am usually trying to fix the sadness at the same time.)

  A baby is such a gift. I love being a Mummy.

Edit: Perrin's birth story is now up HERE at the blog Birth Without Fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment