Sunday 14 February 2016

Seasonal Sunday: Dreaming of Summer...





Mmm. I needed that.

   In reality, it is mid-February and -34 degrees when I woke up this morning. The insides of all our windows have ice formations piled up at the bottom from frozen condensation. We didn't go to Mass cause the car wouldn't start. The rabbits have frost-coated whiskers. 

   It's also Valentine's Day, however, so there's a little extra cheer to warm the deepest winter. Ben got up early with the baby (who seems to have decided that sleep is optional to existence) and I had left little corny Star Wars valentines stuck about the house for him. "Yoda one for me" on his i-watch, "You R2 cute" on the shaving cream, and "Ewok my world" stuck to the steering wheel. Thanks Pinterest :D
   His kind acts of service to me today have been to fix the home button on my phone and do all the piles of dishes in the kitchen. What a dear man.
   We're also going to have our first baby-free date for supper, as my mom is coming over to babysit for a couple of hours. Hooray! Hopefully our car will start by then. 

   On the animal front, we are daily taking small bunnies out to Wanda for feeding and bringing them back inside to stay warm. We hadn't intended to breed this winter, but we accidentally left one of the boys from the last batch in with his mother too long. Oops :/ I am calling them Oedipus Rex bunnies.

    Fox went out on a chilly night, prayed for the moon to give him light, and we sadly have only one chicken left as a result. Hence I have had to start buying store eggs again. Boo hoo. 

    Peregrine is growing by leaps and bounds, and I am also very excited for warm weather to return so that I can bring him outside more. His interest in his surroundings is continually expanding. 

    We just need to wait it out. This too shall pass, and spring will come again! It always does :)



No comments:

Post a Comment