Monday 8 February 2016

Mindful Monday: Ode to Mindful Motherhood

 

  Remember to smile - smile when 5 am brings unexpected baby chatter, soft hands pawing at my face, the first cup of tea sooner than planned.

    Remember to enjoy - enjoy the brand new sounds being discovered, the explorative "mum mum" which one day will mean me, the delight which flashes into his eyes when I answer back.




   Remember to laugh - laugh when a eruption of spit up drenches us once again. What's a bit more laundry compared to keeping our home joyful?

   Remember to focus - focus on now. Don't get lost in the never-neverlands of fear, selfishness or sticky virtual-webbiness. Open eyes - open heart! This is my life! This is real!



   Remember what I am thankful for - self-pity and resentment are my enemies (especially when it comes to sleep, or lack thereof!), gratitude is my friend. I am thankful for all the other lovely things which ease the tiredness: food and drink, cuddles, music, schedule flexibility. Thankful that it's my first child and I know I'm still just learning. Thankful for my supportive Ben and all his good cheer. Thankful that I get to be "working out my salvation" in the best way I can imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment