Wednesday 17 February 2016

A Wishful Thinking Story


It had been winter for too long.


Perrin didn't know the feel of warm sunshine or green grass. 

But Perrin's Mummy had an idea. 
She went to the cupboard and pulled out a bottle she had been saving.

The label read "Spring".


They took it out into the cold and poured one drop on the snow.

Up popped a dandelion!


"Oh good, it still works", said Mummy. 

They went back inside and packed a basket with all their favourite treats. Then, going to a patch of ground, Mummy began to sprinkle Spring all over!



And there in the warm sun and green grass, they had a picnic.





8 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!! Where can I get me a bottle of Spring?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo! Ives! this is so lush!!! <3 brings a smile to my face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie, I love this! The drawings remind me of my grandmother Hilda van Stockum's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Christine, that's delightful to hear! I really love her drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie this has to be the most charming of stories! I love it!

    ReplyDelete